International Travel Assistance and Insurance

UA international travelers face a wide variety of risk exposures.  In an effort to mitigate these risks, The University of Alabama System (UAS) maintains robust international travel assistance and insurance programs for educational travel and business travel.

Certain hazardous activities are excluded, such as off-road motorcycling, mountain climbing, sky diving, auto racing, bungee jumping, spelunking, white water rafting, parasailing and others.

Dependents and companions of covered travelers, such as spouses or others on your trip, are not covered by the UAS plan. They may purchase global medical/travel accident coverage from many sources, including the same vendor used by the UAS.

For more details, visit the UAS International Travel Assistance/Insurance website.

Before departure, faculty and staff must go to MyBama and register their international travel in Concur.

You may contact Chad Berry with any questions regarding international travel. His email address is and his office telephone number is 205-348-5256.